The Kemitraan Negara Berkembang (KNB) Scholarship is a financial assistance offered by the Indonesian Government to International students coming from developing countries to pursue their master degree in Indonesian Universities. Initially, the idea of offering scholarships by the Ministry of Education and Culture of the Republic of Indonesia for the student coming from the NAM member countries was mandated in the 10th Conference of Heads of States of Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) countries commenced in Bandung from 1st – 6th September 1992. Following that mandate, in 1993 the Government of the Republic of Indonesia started offering postgraduate (master degree) scholarships to students from the NAM member countries.
1. To contribute in the human resource development in the developing countries;
2. To promote deeper cultural understanding between developing countries;
3. To strengthen the relationship and cooperation between developing countries.
- Social Science
1. The maximum age to apply for the scholarship is 35 years old;
2. Applicants must hold a bachelor degree (master degree holder is not eligible to apply);
3. Applicants must have a TOEFL (or other certified English Proficiency) score of 500 or equivalent;
4. Applicants must complete the on-line application form;
5. Prior to the departure to Indonesia, the successful candidates must sign the Statement Letter and Scholarship Agreement prepared by the KNB Scholarship management.
The KNB Scholarship covers:
1. A Settlement Allowance of EUR 77 (IDR 1,250,000) will be given to new students upon their arrival in Indonesia;
2. While taking the Indonesian language course and preparatory programs, the new students will only receive a Living Allowance of EUR 158 (IDR 2,550,000) per month;
3. During the Master Program, the KNB students will receive a scheme of monthly allowance as detailed below:
- Living Allowance – EUR 158 (IDR 2,550,000)
- Research Allowance – EUR 24 (IDR 400,000)
- Books Allowance – EUR 21 (IDR 350,000)
4. A health insurance with a maximum of EUR 1.2 (IDR 200,000) monthly premium (In case of the cost of medical services exceeded to those covered by the health insurance, the difference should be borne by the student);
5. A round-trip international airfare (economy class) from the international airport of the student’s home countries to Indonesia, including local transport to the host university;
Application Deadline: April 12, 2019