A full–tuition scholarship for a woman in science, technology, engineering, or math.
Funded by Cards Against Humanity.
HOW TO APPLY
Film a three–minute video of yourself explaining a STEM topic you’re passionate about. You must be a high school senior or an undergraduate college student to apply. To view examples of previous application videos, click here. Your video should be:
- A mini–lecture, not a personal statement. Pretend you’re a lecturer speaking to a class. Teach us something.
- A demonstration of your passion for the subject. Your video doesn’t need to be fancy or high–tech. Production value is not a factor in judging.
- Scientifically accurate. We encourage you to cite sources you use to research your topic.
- Clear and creative. People who aren’t science experts, like students or non–scientist adults, should be able to understand your video.
- About any STEM topic, not necessarily your field of study.
- Three minutes or less in length. Please upload your video to YouTube marked ‘public.’
An advisory board of women who hold higher degrees and work in a broad range of STEM fields will review the applications and select the finalists. The finalists will be notified in early 2019 and will move onto the next round to submit additional materials.