Every year the conference intends to create a platform for a larger number of students to learn and engage in ROTA’s youth development program in Qatar. After the success of previous EMPOWERs, we opened the conference to the Region and youth from international countries. ROTA’s core strategy for promoting youth development in Qatar is to develop a network of youth service clubs within schools and universities throughout Qatar that are geared towards equipping and enabling young People as responsible global citizens and empowered young leaders. The Youth Conference, the RYSC leadership Training and the newly developed ROTA Youth Advisory Board are supplementary initiatives that support the RYSC program. The program will aim to attract up to 450 young people between the ages of 16-32 including international participants. The main aim of the 3 days conference is to raise awareness and knowledge as well as build the capacities required to enable young people to take leadership roles in addressing local and international developmental issues of concern to them especially in the area related to the theme of each year’s conference.
Conference Program Summary :
The three days event includes a combination of seminar panel discussion, keynote speeches,small group workshops,seminars, off-site activities, exhibition and youth artistic expression.
Power speech and Keynote speeches are intended to inspire, inform and mobilize our young delegates to act on the three learning themes of the conference. Panel discussion will be a platform to inform participants about the EMPOWER theme of that year. The workshops are aimed to be an interactive and discursive exchange between the participants and the facilitator. Seminar aims to provide participants with tools to run their projects and campaigns.
The lectures and workshops during the youth conference aim to address three themes. These include:
- Personal leadership: Promoting personal excellence including setting goals and forward planning, having personal mission statements, marketing one’s skills and abilities, positive attitude and healthy self-esteem.
- Service Learning: Promoting civic responsibility: a duty to one’s country, community and the world as a whole. The importance of valuing diversity; developing empathy alongside desire to help the vulnerable or to protect one heritage or the environment.
- Global Citizenship: Promoting youth voice on social justice issues like human rights, migrant worker situation, global economy, climate change and war and conflict.
- Promote better understanding of youth leadership, service learning and greater awareness of global issues among 450 youth between the ages of 16-32 in Qatar and the region.
- Provide opportunities for 450 youth to develop their skills, knowledge and attitudes to take on leadership roles which support ROTA strategies.
- Create a platform for 450 youth to discover their voice and realize their ability to make a positive contribution in society to support Qatar 2030 on youth development.
- Facilitate a forum for exchange of ideas, projects and reflections that address local needs and global issues.
- Awareness creation on the EMPOWER theme.
- Full Sponsorships are available which includes: Flight, Accommodation, Meals and Ground Transportation related to the conference programme only.
- Partial Sponsorship are available which includes: Accommodation, Meals and Ground Transportation related to the conference programme only.
EMPOWER conference seeks to attract up to 450 delegates from the following categories :
- 16-30 year old youths –primary target
- Secondary School Teachers
- Youth Activist from GCC and Arab Region
- University Student Affairs Officers
Eligible Regions: Open for All
Application will be approved based on the requirements listed below, therefore please complete the Online Registration form and read carefully all the stated instructions and information for Participants from outside Qatar:
- Please download the Code of Conduct before completing this applications as you need to upload the completed copy and submit it with your application.
- The Online Registration form will be open for International participants starting from the 17th December 2018 till 25th January 2019.
- Only few selected International participants will be provided full sponsorship and others semi sponsorship based on their regional status and application evaluation.
- Type of provided sponsorship:
- Full Sponsorship includes: Flight, Accommodation, Meals and Ground Transportation related to the conference programme only.
- Partial Sponsorship includes: Accommodation, Meals and Ground Transportation related to the conference programme only.
- For international participants it is only for 18- 32 years old.
- A maximum of 70 seats will be provided to International participants for this event.
- After the screening of the applications the shortlisted candidates will be contacted via e-mail starting from 27 January 2019.
- Announcement of selected International participants will start from 27 January 2019 onwards.
- Approved international participants will be requested via e-mail to apply and complete an online registration form for the workshops and offsite visits in order to complete their registration process after the 1st week of March 2019.
- All selected participants are required to sign a Code of Conduct in order to issue their visa applications which must be complete in clear hand writing and uploaded on this application. Original copy of the Code of Conduct must be submitted by hand on the first day of the conference to the registration team.
- Further information will be provided to all participants via e-mail after the 1st week of March 2019 and with the completion of phase one of the registration process about the accommodation, event participation guidelines and other important information.
- Failure to complete and provide any of the required information will prevent the candidate’s chance in attending this conference.
- Please include write your full name as mentioned in the Passport/ID.
- For Visa applications please make sure your passport has more than 8 months validity and include a clear copy of the passport required pages and photo.
- All visas applications will be done through our team. If for any reason you are unable to obtain a visa , your application acceptance will automatically be canceled.
- Please note that the Name will be written on the Participation Certificate based on this application form with no amendments to be done afterwards.
- Participation Certificates shall be granted by the end of day 3 via e-mail after the closing ceremony with the confirmation of full attendance of all sessions and the completion of all required surveys only. (Soft copies only not printed)
- No Certificates will be provided afterwards if the participants failed to receive it by the end of the event via e-mail.
- The unsuccessful applications shall receive an automated reply one week maximum prior to the event, wishing them a better opportunity in attending next year’s edition.
Application Deadline January 25,2019