The Liberian Government, in partnership with the Chinese Government, is offering an opportunity for ten (10) Liberians to benefit from scholarships in the following fields: Electrical Engineering, Structural Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mining Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering and Architectural Engineering, GIS(Geo-Information Production and Management, GIS Land Resource Management, GIS-Soil Survey and Agriculture Management, Agriculture, GIS in Survey and Geodesy), Public Health, Computer Science/Programming, Civil Engineering, Education, Development Studies, and Geology.
Scholarships are available for MASTERS AND PhDs at Chinese universities. The scholarships are for 2 years, beginning 2019. Their aim is to give a unique opportunity to Liberians to strengthen their skills and expose them to best practices and training in China.
• Be a Liberian national with previous degree (s) and expertise in the priority fields;
• Be a bachelor’s degree holder and be under the age of 35 when applying for master’s degree;
• Be a master’s degree holder and be under the age of 40 when applying for PhD
• Possess undergraduate and post – graduate qualifications with a minimum 3.00 GPA;
• Be computer literate (Microsoft word, PowerPoint, Excel etc…
(Undergraduate need not apply)
Eligible Liberian nationals are requested to complete the online application procedure at CSC Online Application System for International Students. Please go to www.csc.edu.cn/laihua or www.campuschina.org and click Application Online for International Students, complete the required information, submit the completed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship online and print THREE (3) hard copies. Agency number is (4301). All interested applicants are required to forward the following in THREE (3) sets for consideration:
• A current curriculum vitae (with e-mail address and phone number listed);
• Notarized version of university degree (s) and transcript;
• Printed application form for Chinese Government Scholarship ( in English)
• Proof of Liberian citizenship (copies of passport and/or birth certificate);
• Two current letters of recommendation (one professional and other academic);
• A one page summary of reasons for wishing to take a graduate study in China, and how this training will benefit Liberia;
• A Study Plan or Research Proposal – ( a minimum of 800 words for postgraduate studies)
• Four passport size photos in color;
• Foreigner Physical Examination Form (signed and stamped by a designated physician). The Chinese designed medical form can be downloaded from www.csc.edu.cn/laihua or www.campuschina.org;
• All recommendation letters must have been dated within the last thirty (30) days before submission
NOTE: All applicants should adhere to the closing date and time on this scholarships announcement, and applicants are strongly warned not to present any illegal or falsified documents for this scholarship. If it is discovered that documents presented are not authentic, legal action will be taken against individual(s) guilty.
VERY IMPORTANT NOTE:
• Any student who does not pass through the systematic vetting process established by the Ministry of Education for International scholarships will not be the responsibility of the Liberian Government.
CLOSING DATE: Friday, 8th, March 2019; at 6 pm
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEW AND WRITTEN EXAM.
Applications should be sent to:
Division of Scholarships
Ministry of Education
3rd Street, Sinkor
2rd Floor (Division of Scholarships)