The Liberian Government, in partnership with the Mauritian Government, is offering an opportunity for ten (10) Liberians to benefit from scholarships in the following fields: Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mining Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering and Architecture, Agriculture, Pathology, Public Health, Computer Science/Programming, Civil Engineering, Geology, Education, Management Information System, Environmental Science, Food Science and Technology, Marine Environmental Science, Coastal and Ocean Management, Marine Science, Sustainable Energy Engineering with Environmental Management, Educational Technologies etc…
Scholarships are available for BACHELOR, MASTER AND PhD at Mauritian universities. The scholarships range from 2 to 4 years, beginning 2019. Their aim is to give a unique opportunity to Liberians to strengthen their skills and expose them to best practices and training in Mauritius.
• Be a Liberian national with previous degree (s) and expertise in the priority fields
• Be a high school graduate with a minimum of (“B” or 80 average ) and under the age of 26 at the time of the application, and must possess a genuine WAEC or WASSCE Certificate;
• Be a bachelor’s degree holder and be under the age of 35 when applying for master’s degree;
• Be a master’s degree holder and be under the age of 45 when applying for PhD
• Possess post – graduate qualifications with a minimum 3.00 GPA.
Eligible Liberian nationals are requested to read the application guideline carefully at https://www.afterschoolafrica.com/…/government-mauritius-s…/ and http://ministry-education.govmu.org/Engl…/Pages/default.aspx and complete the online application procedure for both the undergraduate and graduate programs. All interested applicants are required to forward the following in THREE (3) sets for consideration:
• A current curriculum vitae (with e-mail address and phone number listed);
• Notarized version of university degree (s) and transcript;
• Notarized version of high school diploma and transcript and WAEC and WASSCE
• Printed application form;
• Proof of Liberian citizenship (certified copies of passport and birth certificate);
• Two current letters of recommendation (one professional and other academic);
• A one page summary of reasons for wishing to take a graduate study in Mauritius, and how this training will benefit Liberia;
• Research Proposal – ( PhD);
• Six passport size photos in color (White background);
• Medical Certificate (see Section 6 of the online application form)
NOTE: All applicants should adhere to the closing date and time on this scholarship announcement, and applicants are strongly warned not to present any illegal or falsified documents for this scholarship. If it is discovered that documents presented are not authentic, legal action will be taken against individual(s) guilty.
VERY IMPORTANT NOTE:
• Any student who does not pass through the systematic vetting process established by the Ministry of Education for International scholarships will not be the responsibility of the Liberian Government.
CLOSING DATE: Tuesday, 26th, March 2019; at 6 pm
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEW AND WRITTEN EXAM.
Applications should be sent to:
Division of Scholarships
Ministry of Education
3rd Street, Sinkor