Deadline: 15 February 2019
The McCain Institute is inviting applications for its Next Generation Leaders (NGL) program which is designed to identify, train, network and empower a diverse group of emerging, character-driven leaders from the United Statesand around the world.
The program offers emerging global leaders a fully paid year of targeted professional and personal leadership development. Geared to mid-career professionals, this yearlong, fully funded professional development program empowers emerging global leaders through the McCain Institute’s tailored professional development experience.
The program offers a unique blend of professional development, exposure to top-level policymakers and formal training in leadership.
- The McCain Institute provides each NGL a stipend that covers all standard living costs for a year.
- Each participant receives the stipend amount monthly, covering expenses such as rent, utilities, food and any other regular costs. The stipend amount varies depending on the cost of living in the participant’s placement city.
- Added to the stipend is travel allowance that NGLs may use for professional travel in support of their LAP’s during the program year.
- The overall stipend is separate from the program related cost, such as travel to and from leadership training modules, module lodgings and per diem for the duration of program modules are covered by the McCain Institute separately. Per visa regulations the McCain Institute also covers health insurance and workers comp.
- Applicants should be in their mid-career, possess working proficiency in English with a high-degree of professional, academic and work achievements. Aspiring Next Generation Leaders must demonstrate commitment to highest level of ethical leadership, show decisive recommendations that substantiate their leadership qualities, and make a commitment to return to their home environment at the end of the program year.
- Participants should have a decade or more of career experience. There is no specific age requirement, however, typical NGLs range from 30 to 45 years old.
- Fluent in English and able to read and understand complex texts; give oral presentations in front of small and large audiences, build a professional network; and create personal relationships with colleagues, Institute staff and distinguished guests.
- The McCain Institute selects target countries and sectors that are specific to each program year. However, applicants from all countries and professional backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Applicants must apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.mccaininstitute.org/